Wednesday 28 March 2012

The wonderful nothingness

Normally when people talk about a good day, they may describe the weather as a wonderful sunny day. Well here in Namibia, desert country, it's always a sunny day, so nothing special there.

So for me, today is a wonderful cloudy and rainy day. The birds are singing, the air is fresh and sweet with that wonderful fresh, wet earth smell that is so unique to Namibia. This glorious rain also means lower water bill for a little while, since I don't have to water the lawn now. The rain has got that covered for me.

So I sit here today, in my office at home with nothing going through my head (which is a wonderful rarity) and I'm just enjoying the sounds of the light drizzling rain, the birds chasing rain bugs and my husband clinging and clanging in the garage.


All that's missing is the sound of my sons laughter (though it could easily also have been the sound of him crying and screaming, if he wasn't at school now.)

So anyway, since the sky and the weather is so beautiful,and the house looks so awesome with the cloudy backdrop, I just had to take a photo and share it with you.

It's these little moments in the day, when one "stops and smells the roses" that makes life . . . and the day, so worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment